Friday, February 20, 2009

10 more random things :D

I realised that the 25 random things thingy that i wrote wasn't exactly so random after all. Here are a few more things that most people don't know about.

1. I love feeling the sun on my back, and i love to see the sky when it's dark and gloomy, but not yet raining. The deepest impression of a dark sky was when i went wakeboarding after the rain.


2. I love going to Changi to watch the planes fly overhead. The last happy memory i had of my complete family was when we were there, doing just that. It was a Saturday and we went there after my electone lesson at Plaza Singapura. Our parents bought a Jolin Tsai CD for Justin and a SHIN CD for me, and i was happily listening to the CD all the way there and while i was there. This was probably 6 to 7 years ago.

3. I have a home telephone, but i don't use it at all. Even if i'm the only person at home and the phone rings, i won't pick it up. When i fill in forms that ask for contact details, i don't put my home phone number down.

4. In Sec 3, i tried to cut myself with my metal ruler in class, and freaked out my classmate sitting next to me. That started my self-injury habits. I never really managed to draw blood, so it was quite safe, and these crazy episodes didn't happen often. Maybe once in a few months. It lasted all the way until poly times. So during that period, if you saw me wearing a bracelet or long-sleeves, it was likely that i was trying to hide the scars. But i'm proud to say that i haven't done such a stupid thing for at least a year already :)

5. My motto 'Live Love Believe' means a lot to me, and has helped me grow a lot. I've become a much happier person :D This poses a slight problem because now i get a little annoyed at people who wallow in self-pity and misery; i can't understand why they can't look on the brighter side of things. But of course i still try to show as much empathy as i can.

6. Simple things like waking up to a bright morning, then opening up my window and seeing the green trees and the sun's sparkling reflections in the sea, can make me really happy :) Oh, and i think one important way of helping myself be happier is to tell myself what a great day it'll be in the morning, and go on to live a great day, rather than look back on the day when it ends and evaluate how good/bad it was. Sometimes it isn't easy since a lot of crap can happen in 24 hours, but i try :)

7. I love doing this sort of bulletin thingies, but i didn't want to post them on Friendster [when i was still using it] or on my blog, because it'd seem like stuff that those pufferfish girls on Friendster would do. You know those who blow up their cheeks like pufferfish when they take photos. So everytime i saw a bulletin on Friendster i'd copy it and do it in my Livejournal.

8. My Livejournal is friends-only, but actually most of the time i still filter it to Ruby and Benedict [and Quil, but he doesn't use LJ anymore anyway]. My LJ is a refuge when i have upsetting things that i don't want to post on my public blog. So in a way, i'm happy that i haven't posted many things in LJ for a long time already :D

9. I don't mind making people laugh at the expense of myself. Ironically, i hate embarrassing myself. I'm very want-face.

10. Sometimes, or with certain groups of people, i tend to do things/speak without thinking. Subsequently in retrospect, i'll think that i shouldn't have done/said what i did, and i'll start hating myself for it. I'll also think of what people would think of me and if what i did would alter their perceptions of me. But now i know i don't play such a significant role in peoples' lives that such things would matter; it's actually just the spotlight effect. So yeah :)

So here you go, 10 more random things that mean so much more than the 25 random things i posted up on Facebook :D

No comments: